Thursday 11 August 2016

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag!!

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag!!

Here is a tag that has been going around where basically you freak out about the books you've already read this year!! It was firstly created by a booktuber, I'm not sure who, but I do know that the co-creator is ReadLikeWildFire! I am doing this because well, it will damn help a lot when it comes to the end of year tag :P

Here we go :P

*Note - So far in 2016 I have read 22 books,
Fourteen 5 Star Rating,
Five 4 Star Rating,
Three 3 Star Rating*

1. Best Book You've Read So Far in 2016?
This is such a hard question. I didn't answer it last but I'll try this year!
By genre!
Science Fiction - Winter by Marissa Meyer
Fantasy - Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
Historical Fiction - Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
Realistic Fiction - The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
Contemporary - Drowning Instinct by Ilsa J. Bick
Adult - Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Middle Grade - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

2. Best Sequel You've Read So Far in 2016?
The best sequel that I've read so far this year was Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

3. New Release You Haven't Read Yet, But Want To?
There are so many awesome releases that came out this year and it is so difficult to just decide on one but I really, really want to read is The Smell of Other People's Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock. This book just sounds so interesting and it released all the way back in February and I'm still here waiting to read it....

4. Most Anticipated Release For Second Half of 2016?
Again this question is like the last and there is a lot of answers I could give but I'll only go with one and the first book that comes to mind is Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.

5. Biggest Disappointment?
My biggest disappointment this year would have to be You by Caroline Kepnes. From the raving reviews I heard about this book I thought that it was going to be amazing, but I really disliked it. I gae this book 3 stars but the more I think about it the less I want to give it. It has actually started to make my blood boil....  

6. Biggest Surprise?
Hmm, a book doesn't just spring to mind for this one but I'm going to go with Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. This year was the first time that I read this book and I read it in one day! That is a feat in itself for me but I just couldn't believe how much I enjoyed reading this book and how much I loved it! Of course I knew I'd love it.

7. Favourite New Author?
So far this year I've only read about three new to me authors and I've only read one work each by them but to pick a favourite I would have to go with Jojo Moyes. I read Me Before You and loved it and I have After You sitting on my shelf just waiting to be read next. 

8. Newest Fictional Crush?
Bloody hell! Many of my fictional crushes for this year were carried over from last year but there are a few new ones - Clark from The Unexpected Everything, Florian from Salt to the Sea and Mark Blackthorn from Lady Midnight.

9. Newest Favourite Character?
Ah characters, they all just make me want to add them to my favourites but I'm definitely going with Louisa Clark from Me Before You, Joana & Emilia from Salt to the Sea, Winter from Winter, Caddy & Rosie from Beautiful Broken Things and many many more.

10. Book That Made You Cry?
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

11. Book That Made You Happy?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling

12. Most Beautiful Book You've Bought So Far This Year?
Too complicated! Are we talking beautiful as in writing beautiful or stunning covers? If we're going with stunning covers it is Uprooted by Naomi Novik. I just love the paperback cover for this book!
Uprooted

13. What Books Do You Need To Read By The End of The Year?
Woah, woah, woah... There is a long list!.

  1. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
  2. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
  3. The Last Star by Rick Yancey
  4. The Midnight Star by Marie Lu
  5. Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
  6. Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
  7. An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
  8. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
  9. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  10. Uprooted by Naomi Novik

14. Favourite Book Community Member (Blogger, Booktuber, Bookstagrammer)
This is another impossible question! I love you all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment