Saturday 10 September 2016

Book Review - A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas

A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)A Court of Mist and Fury

(A Court of Thorns and Roses #2)

Author: Sarah J Maas

Genres: New Adult, Fantasy, Faeries.

Published: May 3 2016

Pages: 624 pages (Paperback) (Bloomsbury Children's Books)

Read: June 20 2016 - July 24 2016

Rating: 5 Stars




Feyre is immortal.

After rescuing her lover Tamlin from a wicked Faerie Queen, she returns to the Spring Court possessing the powers of the High Fae. But Feyre cannot forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people - nor the bargain she made with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court.

As Feyre is drawn ever deeper into Rhysand's dark web of politics and passion, war is looming and an evil far greater than any queen threatens to destroy everything Feyre has fought for. She must confront her past, embrace her gifts and decide her fate.

She must surrender her heart to heal a world torn in two.

Book 23/65 - 2016 Goodreads Reading Challenge

Dear sweet lord above! This book was just a crazy roller-coaster for my emotions. I mean crazy roller-coaster. So you can indeed expect this review to be just my crazy, jumbled thoughts all over the place too. Are you ready for the madness!!

But no need to be afraid - there will be no spoilers. Even though I'm possibly sure everyone in the world has read this novel right now. You don't know how hard it was to keep away from spoilers after the first few weeks this book was released. I literally just stayed away from all social media. And thankfully I wasn't spoiled for anything!

Now where exactly do I begin?? How about how I felt after I finished ACOTAR? Well, I, just like many others was completely happy and loved up with the idea that Tamlin and Feyre got away but I know I was one of those people that just could not forget about Rhysand. He was gorgeous and addictive in ACOTAR and now I am solely and will be forever Team Rhysand after finished A Court of Mist and Fury. I remember needing this book after finishing ACOTAR because I needed to know what would happen with that bargain and as soon as Rhysand appeared in A Court of Mist and Fury I knew he was exactly what I was waiting for.. Come on, he is just ridiculously sexy, right?? (I love him!!)

Then we got new characters into this world that just became more favourites to add to the list! The Night Court gang was just amazing. They were amazing characters and I instantly fell in love with each of them and their back stories. All so tragic, but all which made them what they are.

What I really loved more about this book was the world building and the plot behind the whole novel. There was so much more in this novel. There were so many stories and back stories of characters that came out in this book that just made this world fill out more as well as developing each character with them. And I thoroughly enjoyed that. I enjoyed being able to see past and present of this world. 

And the plot! As I mentioned above it was one the aspects that I loved about this book and boy, oh boy, the plot in this book was delicious. I found with ACOTAR, even though I loved it, it took me a while to actually get through the book but that was not the case with this one. When it wasn't action packed it was giving me the back stories and fleshing out the world and character and all the twists and turns that I didn't see coming. I think I was left shocked on so many occassions with this book when I didn't see what was coming. And hello emotional roller-coaster because these twists and turns had me shocked, frustrated, sad, betrayed, happy, devastated and everything in between. 

I really can't wait to get the next book into my hands and see what happens. That ending was just the epitome of doom. What the hell is going to happen? Book 3 is definitely going to have me fearing the survival of every single character in this novel. I have not read a series ender by Sarah J. Maas before and I just know it is going to be epic. (Yes, I know she announced 3 more books in the ACOTAR series but I believe they are going to be a spin-off centering around different characters, can't wait for that either!!)

I knew that was going to be a jumbled mess of words... good luck to all who chance at deciphering it into sometime logical....

No comments:

Post a Comment